Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham are amongst the busiest clubs going at the moment as we enter the second week of the January transfer window. All three are eager to strengthen their squads this month in pursuit of respective glory, with the Blues leading the charge. Having all-but signed Joao Felix, Graham Potter is now reportedly looking to bring Leandro Trossard to Stamford Bridge too, while Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang could make a swift return to Spain.
Arsenal, meanwhile, are said to FINALLY be closing in on the signing Mykhaylo Mudryk after previously having seen two bids for the winger rejected. With Chelsea – who were also keen – ready to welcome Felix, the Gunners could now have a free run.
Over at Spurs, Pedro Porro is a target, though Chelsea are also keen on the Sporting full-back. Harry Kane continues to be linked away with both Real Madrid and Manchester United – who have agreed a deal for Wout Weghorst – said to be interested. Follow all of the latest news, gossip and rumors below!
Fernandez to stay at Benfica
Enzo Fernandez has seemingly put an end to Chelsea’s continued pursuit to sign him.
The Argentina star emerged as a major target at Stamford Bridge following a successful World Cup, during which Fernandez won the coveted Young Player of the Tournament Award.
While Fernandez was thinking to have a release clause worth around £112m in his contract, Standard Sports understands Chelsea were aiming to pay that over a series of installments. Talks duly stalled and manager Roger Schmidt claimed the matter was closed.
After scoring on Tuesday night, the former Fernandez celebrated by tapping the club’s badge before pointing at the ground to indicate he was staying.
Schmidt then revealed: “I can say that I expect Enzo Fernandez to stay, so to have Enzo at the end of the market.
“I never doubted Enzo, his attitude and personality. He’s a great person, he’s at Benfica, he loves playing for Benfica.”
Chelsea turn focus to midfield duo
Chelsea are continuing to push for Mason Mount and N’Golo Kane to sign new deals.
The Telegraph reports that the Blues now expect Jorginho to leave in the summer on a free transfer, but are still pushing to reach an agreement with Kante, who is also out of contract at the end of the season.
Mason Mount’s deal expires in 18 months’ time so the club have slightly more time, but they are keen to agree terms with the Englishman as soon as possible.
Man United face Weghorst wait
Manchester United’s loan move for Wout Weghorst will not be completed until Besiktas sign a replacement.
That’s according to Fabrizio Romano, who reports that while Man United have reached a full agreement with Burnley, Besiktas and Weghorst, they are now playing a waiting game.
Besiktas will only sign off on the move though once they have brought a forward in – until then the deal will be put on hold.
Warnock: Newcastle better for Kane than Spurs
Neil Warnock believes Harry Kane should consider making a move to Newcastle in the summer.
The Tottenham forward’s long-term future at Tottenham remains slightly uncertain, with Manchester United and Real Madrid put forward as potential destinations. Warnock has other ideas.
“Yes that’s probably right,” Warnock said on talkSPORT when asked if Kane would have a better chance of success at Newcastle than Spurs.
“I always thought Man City, if they could have got Kane last year. But look what they’ve done instead… Haaland is unbelievable isn’t he.
“If Newcastle could get Kane that would be fantastic but that’s going to cost. Imagine dealing with Daniel Levy over Harry Kane – that’s going to cost £250m isn’t it.”
Aubameyang move will have to wait
Atletico Madrid are believed to be interested in bringing in Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang as a Joao Felix replacement, but they’ll have to wait until the summer for that to happen.
The 33-year-old has already played for Barcelona and Chelsea this season, so he is unable to turn out for a third side.
Aubameyang will have to therefore wait until next campaign to make another move, unless he returns to Barcelona or joins a club in a league such as the MLS where the season begins in 2023.
Chelsea given Madueke warning
Chelsea could be forced to spend big if they want to bring in Noni Madueke.
The Blues are keen on the PSV man, but Fabrizio Romano believes Liverpool’s recent purchase of Cody Gakpo could prove problematic for Chelsea.
PSV have no financial need to sell the 20-year-old after Gakpo’s departure and are reluctant to lose another key player, particularly this month.
Emery wants Guendouzi reunion
Unai Emery is pushing to bring Matteo Guendouzi to Aston Villa.
That’s according to Foot Mercato, with it claimed that the Villa boss has already held talks with Guendouzi as he looks to lure the Frenchman back to England.
The midfielder was a regular under Emery at Arsenal, before his struggles began when Mikel Arteta took charge.
Weghorst trains away from main group
Wout Weghorst did not take part in Besiktas training this morning.
Turkish outlet A Sport report that Weghorst told the club he was feeling some pain and so worked inside in the fitness room instead, away from the main group.
The 30-year-old has made it clear in recent days that he wants the loan move to Manchester United.
West Ham forced to move on from En Nesyri
West Ham are set to move onto other forward targets after Youssef En-Nesyri announced his intention to stay at Sevilla, writes Malik Ouzia.
En-Nesyri has been a long-term target for the Hammers, who failed with a move for him in the summer of 2021.
The Premier League side reignited that interest this month and were exploring signing the Moroccan on an initial loan deal.
It is understood, however, that West Ham were never optimistic Sevilla would agree to En-Nesyri’s departure mid-season, given they are languishing in 17th in La Liga.
“I want to focus only on Sevilla,” En-Nesyri said. “It’s not a matter of money. I want to help the team in the worst moments.”
Sagna confident over Mudryk
Former Arsenal defender Bacary Sagna is convinced top target Mykhaylo Mudryk will join the Gunners this month.
The Premier League leaders have already seen two offers for the Shakhtar Donetsk winger rejected but remain in talks with the Ukrainian club, and are still confident a deal can be reached.
“He’ll be joining the club,” Sagna told Lord Ping.
“The think football transfers are a mind game between the buyer and the seller. Shakhtar knows the quality of the player and they know that Arsenal really want him. I think it will happen, but maybe at the end of the window.”
“Shakhtar will keep pushing and negotiating until the end to get the largest amount for their player, but they will be aware of the players desire to join the club and they won’t want to frustrate the player.”