Intern – International Scouting Strategy (paid)
Summary: The Intern – International Scouting Strategy will be learning and assisting the Milwaukee Brewers player acquisition in the foreign amateur and professional spaces in an office-based role. This position will support the day-to-day functions of the International Scouting department and assist in the development of overall department strategy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned:
- Assess and evaluate scouting coverage strategy and provide evidence-based recommendations to department leadership
- Conduct ad-hoc research on international scouting trends and strategy within the industry
- Assist in creating an efficient and thorough process for prospect identification
- Analyze new and existing sources of data available for International prospects
- Learn about and support evaluative methods and efforts within the International Scouting department
- Assist decision-making systems and processes
- Support operational, compliance, and administrative tasks to ensure high-functioning departmental workflow
- Fulfill any additional needs of Milwaukee Brewers Baseball Operations as requested
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Proficiency with SQL
- Knowledge of baseball evaluative methods and terminology
- Strong time management skills, with the ability to parallel process tasks on deadline.
- Effective communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with supervisors, front office staff, players, and coaches.
- Processed-focused with the ability to problem-solve across tasks
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
Education and/or Experience
Qualified applicant must be pursuing or already completed a bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; applicable experience in a baseball-related capacity strongly preferred.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and Internet Explorer. Knowledge of SQL is required. Knowledge of an analytical programming language (R or Python) preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities
Capable of working extended hours such as overtime, nights, and weekends, when necessary. Experience with video technology and in the field of scouting is strongly preferred.
Ability to read and understand simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Spanish speaking preferred.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to  pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions, which may include heat, cold and various forms of precipitation. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Business hours are Monday – Friday 9 am – 5 pm, however, additional hours will be required on weekends, evenings, and some holidays.
To apply, please follow this link.
The content in this posting was created and provided solely by the Milwaukee Brewers.