Travel

Memorial Day bookings herald ‘robust summer travel, despite high prices,’ experts say | News

For Jude Boudreaux, the high cost of gas wasn’t enough to curtail his family’s summer road trip – a seven-week venture that will take them from New Orleans to Nova Scotia to Chicago and back. Instead, they’ll trim their budget other ways: by avoiding restaurants and driving down slower, more scenic highways, to name a …

Memorial Day bookings herald ‘robust summer travel, despite high prices,’ experts say | News Read More »

Monkeypox warning to Scottish travelers as virus spreads to popular tourist spots

Those traveling abroad have been cautioned about the risk of monkeypox in busy tourist spots in Europe. Scots have been warned that the disease has surprisingly sprung up in 20 unlikely destinations, including Europe. Outbreaks of the virus, which is considered life threatening, have been found at popular festivals in countries like Spain, Italy and …

Monkeypox warning to Scottish travelers as virus spreads to popular tourist spots Read More »

Is the summer vacation boom over before it even really began?

But that’s not the story the travel stocks themselves are telling. Worries about inflation and a resurgence in Covid cases in China are starting to take their toll. After a hot start to the year, shares of major hotel chains including Hilton (HLT), Wyndham (WH) and Hyatt (H.) have tumbled on economic jitters and travel …

Is the summer vacation boom over before it even really began? Read More »

A refugee in Wales says he was ‘humiliated’ when he tried to use the free rail travel scheme

A refugee said he was humiliated by a train worker who told him that the Welsh Government’s free rail travel for refugees scheme “wasn’t for him” and refused him entry to a train. The guard insisted on inspecting all his documentation of him in public before refusing him entry. Raman, 32, came to Wales in …

A refugee in Wales says he was ‘humiliated’ when he tried to use the free rail travel scheme Read More »

Cruise ship vaccination rules for UK passengers hitting the high seas

People looking for a summer getaway after two years of lockdown and other coronavirus restrictions on our daily activities may be considering hitting the high seas for a cruise holiday. The sight of luxury liners is making a welcome return to UK ports as the industry recovers from the Covid-19 pandemic. Vaccination rates in the …

Cruise ship vaccination rules for UK passengers hitting the high seas Read More »

Qantas Expands Into Online Travel With TripADeal Stake

Australian airline Qantas announced today it had acquired 51% of the Australian-made online travel business TripADeal. The agreement provides Qantas with a pathway to buy the remaining 49% in four years, at an agreed multiple of TripADeals bookings at that time. Qantas frequent flyers can now earn and redeem points on a TripADeal packaged holiday, …

Qantas Expands Into Online Travel With TripADeal Stake Read More »

Portugal announces passport requirement warning for Brits as holidaymakers urged to keep boarding passes

Portugal has announced an important passport requirement update for British holidaymakers planning to travel to the country this summer. Visitors from the UK arriving at airports including Lisbon, Porto, Faro and Funchal, were told earlier this month that they will be fast-tracked through check-ins, similar to EU citizens. The move allowed Brits to use eGates …

Portugal announces passport requirement warning for Brits as holidaymakers urged to keep boarding passes Read More »

NI couple on ‘frustrating’ Irish passport wait as they miss postponed birthday trip to Spain

TO Co Antrim man will miss out on a longed for holiday to Spain later this week as his partner’s Irish passport has not arrived in time. Kevin Collins and his partner Susan from Glengormley were due to fly to Benalmadena this Thursday. But Susan has been waiting for an Irish passport since early February …

NI couple on ‘frustrating’ Irish passport wait as they miss postponed birthday trip to Spain Read More »